2009 Education Methodology Summit on Services Computing (EMS-SC 2009)
The Education Methodology Summit on Services Computing will bring together educators and practitioners from around the world to share their experiences in developing Services related education and build consensus on the core of Services Computing Education, the knowledge areas and education methodologies. The Summit will focus on the pedagogical implications of Services Education and its role in overall curriculum development. At this stage we are seeking concrete experiments in Services Education development (SC or SSME) as well as innovative research on Services education.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Case studies in adding Services Components in existing courses
- Case studies in design and implementation of courses with Services as their focus
- Survey or rationale of industry needs towards graduates with Services Education
- Curriculum challenges in Services Education
- Differentiation of Services Education from other programs such as in Business, Engineering and Information technology
- Design focused areas or new disciplines in Services Education
- Foundations justification (Math, Statistics, Physics, etc.) in Services Education
- The core of Services Education
- Process and Modeling in Services Education
- Operations and Operational research in Services Education
- Knowledge management and organizational learning
Call for Contributions
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers that are
not being considered in another conference or forum. The maximum length of each EMS-SC-2008 paper is 8 pages.
Please use the Services Computing Curriculum Initiative (SCCI) paper submission system to submit your EMS-SC-2009 paper. Submitted manuscripts are required to be formatted using the IEEE Proceedings template (IEEE Latex Style). Please follow the IEEE Computer Society Press Proceedings Author Guidelines to prepare your papers. At least one author is required to attend the conference and present the paper.
EMS-SC-2008 will be co-located in Los Angles, USA with 2009 IEEE International Conference on Web Services (ICWS 2009), July 7-10, 2008, Los Angles, Florida, USA. The Summit will have keynotes, Roundtable, Panel Discussion, Presentation and Posting.
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2008
Decision Notification: April 1, 2008
Camera-Ready Copy & Pre-Registration Due: April 18, 2008
You can send your comments or questions to services2009 at servicescomputing.org.