SERVICES 2009 Ph.D. Symposium
Call for Papers
The Ph.D. Symposium, part of the 2009 Fourth IEEE Congress on Services (SERVICES 2009) (Part I), is organized to bring together Ph.D. students and graduates working on topics related to the various aspects of SERVICES 2009 conference topic areas. The goal of the symposium is to offer Ph.D. students and graduates the opportunity to summarize, present, discuss, and receive feedback on their research in a constructive manner. Papers submitted to the Ph.D. symposium must summarize an ongoing or completed Ph.D. thesis.
Topics of Interests include:
Foundations of Services Computing
- Service Modeling and Implementation
- Service Delivery, Deployment and Maintenance
- Service Value Chains and Innovation Lifecycle
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Industry Standards and Solution Stacks
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) Negotiation, Automation and Orchestration
- Services Repository and Registry
- Formal Methods for SOA
Business Process Integration and Management
- Business Process Modeling Methodology and Integration Architecture
- Extended Business Collaboration (eBC) Architecture and Solutions
- Business Process-Based Business Transformation and Transition
- Requirements Analysis of Business Process Integration and Management
- Enterprise Modeling and Application Integration Services, e.g. Enterprise Service Bus
The submissions should address specifically doctoral work of the student and the following elements are recommended:
- A clear description of the research question and its significance.
- A clear description of the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as the existing solutions.
- A discussion of any proposed ideas, and the results achieved so far.
- A clear description of the Ph.D. project's contribution to the problem domain.
- A discussion of why and how the suggested solution is new or better than the existing approaches to solve the problem.
Please use the Ph.D. Symposium Paper Submission and Review System at ERVICES 2009 (Part I) to submit your Ph.D. Symposium Abstracts/Papers to SERVICES 2008 (Part I).
Submission of Ph.D. Paper: March 24, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: April 7, 2009
Camera Ready: April 18, 2009
services2009 AT servicescomputing.org