ieee 2014 SecondInternational Workshop on Cloud Security Auditing (CSAW2014)
One daybetween June 27 and July 2, 2014, at Hilton Anchorage, Alaska, USA
within IEEE SERVICES2014
Building on the success of the first workshop andits alignment within the IEEE World Congress on Services,the Cloud Security Auditing Workshop provides a unique setting for the exchangeof research and development practices for the detection, prevention,mitigation, and reporting of security attacks in the cloud. The conceptssurrounding security auditing cover issues related to cloud architectures,tenant services and resources, service interactions, privacy, and standards,where meta-information must be captured, shared, and monitoredacross the cloud.
The workshop solicits original papers on increasingcloud resiliency and trustworthiness through security auditing as applied to various cloud models, layers,services, resources, and application domains. Though not limited to thesetopics, contributions can address issues such as cloud mashing, technologiesfor capturing security relevant events, service level agreements, sessionmanagement, languages and protocols, real-time analysis, streaming andmanipulation of big cloud data, and information assurance standardsapplication. The workshop also welcomes survey papers and practitionerexperiences.
Topics of interestto CSAW 2014 include, but are not limited to:
List of Topics
· Cloud mashing security issues
· Languages and protocols for specifying, composing, analyzing, andsharing security-relevant, distributed logs of audit data from a cloud-wideperspective
· Cloud security, threat modeling, and analysis, including centralized/distributedattack detection and prediction/prevention algorithms
· Automated tools for capturing, integrating, and analyzing cloud auditdata
· Algorithms and protocols for audit data stream delivery, manipulation,and analysis for big cloud audit data
· Access control and information flow control models for disclosure andmodification of sensitive cloud audit data
· Methods for expressing and representing the cloud infrastructure andconfiguration to influence logging and monitoring processes
· Information assurance (authenticity, integrity,confidentiality and availability) of cloud audit data, including security andprivacy policies and compliance with security controls such as NIST sp800-53and Cloud Security Alliance guidance 3.0
· Service-level agreements that formalize and guarantee logging andanalysis capabilities
· Session management, tracking, and alerting of vulnerabilities andthreats
(Workshopchairs can grant extension to individuals under special circumstances providedthat the hard deadline for the camera-ready version is respected.)
· Full Paper Submission Due Date: April 15, 2014
· Decision Notification (Electronic): April 22, 2014
· Camera-Ready Copy Due Date & Pre-registration Due: May1, 2014
Please check the workshop website at www.csaworkshop.org for any changes todeadlines, submission information, and for the final program.
Authors are invited to submit full papers (about 8 pages)or short papers (about 4 pages) as per IEEE 8.5 x 11 manuscript guidelines(download Wordtemplates or LaTeXtemplates ). The submitted papers can only be in the format of PDF or WORD.Please follow the IEEE Computer Society Press Proceedings Author Guidelines toprepare your papers. At least one author of each accepted paper is required toattend the workshop and present the paper. All papers must be submitted via theconfhub submission system for the CSA workshop (TBD).
First time users need to register with the system first(see theseinstructions for details). All the accepted papers by the workshops will beincluded in the Proceedings of the IEEE 10th World Congress on Services(SERVICES 2014) which will be published by IEEE Computer Society.
· Rose Gamble, General Chair, University ofTulsa, gamble AT utulsa.edu
· Indrakshi Ray, Program Co-Chair, ColoradoState University, iray AT cs.colostate.edu
· Keesook J. Han, Program Co-Chair, Air ForceResearch Laboratory, keesook.han AT rl.af.mil
· Sarra Alqahtani, University ofTulsa, sarra-alqahtani AT utulsa.edu
· Atul Prakash, University ofMichigan, USA
· Indrajit Ray, Colorado StateUniversity, USA
· Matthew Hale, University ofTulsa, USA
· Mauricio Papa, University ofTulsa, USA
· Murat Kantarcioglu: Universityof Texas at Dallas, USA
· Nora Cuppens, Telecom Bretagne,France
· Norman Ahmed, Air ForceResearch Laboratory, Rome, NY, USA
· Ravi Jhawar, Universitą degliStudi di Milano, Italy
· Shouhuai Xu, University ofTexas at San Antonio, USA
· Yu Chen, Binghamton University,USA
Back to IEEESERVICES 2014 or the workshop overview page.
More information on the workshop status can befound here.