CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE 2012 Services Workshop on Service Delivery and Team Performance in a Globalized Environment (SDTP2012)
One day between June 24-29 2012, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort and Spa, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
within IEEE SERVICES 2012
As globalization continues to make our world a more connected and interdependent place, we are all gaining global experience of collaborating distributed team members in distributed geographical locations located at different time zone. Motivated by the desire to achieve higher profitability, IT services providers have been utilizing global human resources for a portion, or entire part, of their service development and maintenance. To maximize the benefit of globalization and avoid potential risk in a more dynamic environment, we need to have a deep analysis of productivity and satisfaction level as function of global factors such as unsuitable rewarding/incentive methods, communication barriers, under-coordination and conflicting working time alignment problems in the lifecycle of teams participating in phases of service development and delivery.
The goal of this workshop is to inspire research in the services delivery and team performance in such global environment. We invite you to submit original research ideas and results on issues concerning the influence of globalization from tooling and analytic perspectives.
List of topics (not limited to)
- Techniques for Optimal Team Formations
- Metrics and Measurement for Team Performance in Global Service Development
- Coordination Protocols for Global Team in Service Delivery
- Tooling Support for Metrics and Measurement Captures
- Service Level Measurement in Global Environment
- Utilizing Crowd Sourcing for Global Team Enablement for Services
- Global Team-oriented Process of Services Delivery
- Incentives Analysis to Enhance Productivity for a Global Team
- Business Model and Enablement Protocol for Global Team
- Risk Management in Global Service Delivery
- Analysis of the relationship between Global Team Structure and Team Performance
- Evaluation Methods, Workbenches and Platforms for Service Delivery utilizing Global Resources
(Workshop chairs can grant extension to individuals under special circumstances provided that the hard deadline
for the camera-ready version is respected.)
- Full Paper Submission Due Date: March 29, 2012 (extended)
- Decision Notification (Electronic): April 20, 2012
- Camera-Ready Copy Due Date & Pre-registration Due: May 1, 2012
Authors are invited to submit full papers (about 8 pages)
or short papers (about 4 pages) as per IEEE 8.5 x 11 manuscript
guidelines (download instruction).
All papers should be in PDF and submitted via at
the submission system
First time users need to register with the system first. All the
accepted papers by the workshops will be included in the Proceedings of
the Seventh IEEE 2012 World Congress on Services (SERVICES 2012) which
will be published by IEEE Computer Society.
- Nianjun Zhou, IBM Watson Research Center, USA
- Hong-Linh Truong, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Daniel V. Oppenheim, IBM Watson Research Center, USA
- Schahram Dustdar, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Program committee (more to add)
- Claudio Bartolini, HP, US.
- Marco Comerio, UniversitÓ degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Lam-Son Le, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Stefan Tai, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- Thomas Setzer, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- Christoph Dorn, University of California, Irvine, US
- Stephan Reiff-Marganiec , University of Leicester, UK
- Debdoot Mukherjee, India Research Lab, IBM
- Wesley M. Gifford, Watson Research Center, IBM
- Zhixiong Chen, Mercy College, USA
- Lav R Varshney, Watson Research Center, IBM
- Helen Paik, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Flavio De Paoli, Universitł di Milano - Bicocca, Italy
- Maja Vukovic, Watson Research Center, IBM
IEEE SERVICES 2012
or the main workshop.
Also refer to the submission page for more detail.