CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE 2012 Services Workshop on Security and Privacy Engineering (SPE2012)
One day between June 24-29 2012, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort and Spa, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
within IEEE SERVICES 2012
Built upon the success of spectrum of conferences within the IEEE World Congress on Services (http://www.servicescongress.org/2012/index.html), Security and Privacy Engineering (SPE 2012) workshop is a unique place to exchange ideas of engineering secure systems in the context of service computing or cloud computing. The emphasis on engineering in security and privacy differentiates the workshop from other traditional prestigious security and privacy workshops, symposiums and conferences. The practicality and value realization are examined by practitioners from leading industries as well as scientists from academia.
In line with the engineering spirit, we solicit original papers on building secure systems that can be applied to government procurement, digital medical records, cloud environments, social networking for business purposes, multimedia application, mobile commerce, education, etc. Topics can be methodologies, tools or testing. Key words could include validation, verification, testing, assessment and self-assessment, governance, risk and compliance, IT auditing, open source projects, virtualization, business process, security economics, dependable, assurance, security education and awareness.
We also welcome review papers that analyze critically the status of current Security and Privacy in a specific area. Papers from practitioners who encounter security and privacy problems and seek understanding are also welcome.
(Workshop chairs can grant extension to individuals under special circumstances provided that the hard deadline
for the camera-ready version is respected.)
- Full Paper Submission Due Date: March 29, 2012 (extended)
- Decision Notification (Electronic): April 20, 2012
- Camera-Ready Copy Due Date & Pre-registration Due: May 1, 2012
Authors are invited to submit full papers (about 8 pages)
or short papers (about 4 pages) as per IEEE 8.5 x 11 manuscript
guidelines (download instruction).
All papers should be in PDF and submitted via at
the submission system
First time users need to register with the system first. All the
accepted papers by the workshops will be included in the Proceedings of
the Seventh IEEE 2012 World Congress on Services (SERVICES 2012) which
will be published by IEEE Computer Society.
- Zhixiong Chen, Mercy College, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bhavani Thuraisingham, Univ of Texas at Dallas, email@example.com
- Meiko Jensen, Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany, Meiko.Jensen@rub.de
Program committee (more to be added)
- Dr. Claudio Ardagna, Università degli studi di milano, Italy
- Dr. Li-Chiou Chen, Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems, Pace University, USA
- Dr. Gongliang Chen, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Dr. Ali Chettih, Resident Security Account Manager, McAfee, USA
- Dr. Nicolas Christin, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Dr. Wangchun Dou, Nanking University, China
- Dr. Ernesto Damiani, Università degli studi di milano, Italy
- Dr. Quiang Duan, Penn State at Abington, USA
- Dr. Christopher Frenz, CTO at See-Thru, USA
- Dr. Tyrone Grandison, IBM Research, Almaden, USA
- Dr. Nils Gruschka, University of applied sciences Kiel, Germany
- Dr. Luigi Lo Iacono, University of applied sciences Cologne, Germany
- Dr. Florian Kerschbaum, SAP Research Karlsruhe, Germany
- Dr. Zhiqiang Lin, UT Dallas, USA
- Dr. Jianxun Liu, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China
- Dr. Ming Luo, IBM, USA
- Dr. Nasir Memon, Polytechnic Institute of NYU, USA
- Dr. Incheon paik, The University of AIZU, Japan
- Dr. Paul Hofmann, SAP, USA
- Dr. Miguel Mira da Silva, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal
- Dr. Douglas Salane, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY, USA
- Dr. Vugranam Sreedhar, SRSM, IBM T J Research Center, USA
- Dr. Ali Sunyaev, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Dr. Wei Tan, IBM, USA
- Dr. Jong Yoon, Mercy College, USA
- Mr. Bin Zhang Stony Brook University, SUNY, USA
- Dr. Yingzhou Zhang, Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- Dr. Tong Zhou, Comcast, USA
IEEE SERVICES 2012
or the main workshop.
Also refer to the submission page for more detail.